Christmas parades began in the main centres of New Zealand in the early 1900s. They were originally established by department stores to promote the arrival of in-store Santas, with the objective of getting customers through the door. But right here in Marlborough our Christmas parade is much more about community than commercialism, because we all know that community is the heart and soul of our region.
The fabulous Blenheim Christmas Parade traditionally marks the beginning of the region’s holiday festivities, and this year it’s taking place on Saturday December 3rd, you won’t want to miss this magical event!
Here are 5 Reasons to get behind this year’s Blenheim Christmas Parade
- It’s a chance to dress up! We want you to be part of the parade… Check out this blog that’s calling for you to float… But if you can’t commit to floating, break out your festive fashion and join the fun from the sidelines.
- Give your wee ones a gift they’ll treasure forever…. Magical childhood memories are made at events just like this!
- The Christmas Parade is a community event. Support your local businesses, charities and other organisations that have entered floats into the parade, they have Christmas cheer and messages of goodwill to share, and they do so much for us throughout the year… Let’s get behind them!
- With Christmas coming up you’ll have ample opportunity to feast, but this day is a feast for the senses… Colourful floats, crazy characters, music and marching bands, what’s not to love?!
- We all know Marlborough is #brillianteveryday, but at the Christmas Parade it sparkles at a higher level, think Tinsel town!
Join the Fun! Saturday December 3rd.
Plus there’s still time to enter a float…
Read our latest blog with tips for floating, that make it as easy as 1,2,3!