It’s no secret that Marlborough is #brillianteveryday but in the summertime, it’s brighter than ever. You may be back at work following the Christmas holiday, but the summer season has only just begun, and as we all continue to enjoy sunny days and balmy evenings there are plenty more Marlborough 4 Fun events to enjoy!
The Marlborough 4 Fun Summer Concert Series offers a fantastic feast of family entertainment and these events are the perfect excuse for a summer get together, at no cost! Yes, that’s right you heard correctly these concerts cost zero, zilch, zip, nil, nothing to attend, but we guarantee you’ll leave with a sunny disposition and some happy memories!
This year’s concerts take place over three consecutive weekends at three fabulous Marlborough locations and there’s a lot to enjoy.
For You – Enjoy the music, the sounds, the sights and bring your dancing shoes!
For The Kids – Keep them busy on the bouncy castles. Let them enjoy some fabulous face painting and find their smiles courtesy of our specialist children’s entertainers.
For Your Tummies – We’ve lined up some fabulous local refreshment stores so you (and the family) don’t end up running on empty! But do feel free to pack a picnic as some venues are more limited on food options. We definitely recommend this for the Whites Bay concert where refreshment stalls are limited to just drinks and a sausage sizzle Surf Lifesavers fundraiser. If you’re packing a picnic remember to visit the Summer Concert Series main sponsor, New World, to stock up on all your favourite goodies!
All the details of the Marlborough Summer Concert Series of events!
- Pollard Park – Sunday 11th February – 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. – Come along and enjoy the tunes of our very own Marlborough District Brass Band and then to top off your evening we have the hilarious Maori show band ‘The Maori Side Steps’ who will have you laughing and singing the evening away!
- Whites Bay – Sunday 18th February – 11:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. – Combined with the More FM Beach Day this is the chance for you to enjoy some great beach vibes whilst listening to the summer tunes of Ken Hippolite.
- Picton Foreshore – Saturday 24th February – 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. – The perfect family afternoon with the exciting covers band ‘Second Sunrise’ as well the hilarious children’s entertainer Steve Wilbury.
Summer Concert Essentials – Don’t forget to bring…
- A rug, blanket or chair to rest your weary feet after all that dancing!
- A picnic basket! We’ll have some refreshments on site, but you are welcome to bring your own picnic too. We definitely recommend this for the Whites Bay concert where refreshment stalls are limited to just drinks and a sausage sizzle Surf Lifesavers fundraiser.
- Cash for the refreshment stands.
- Sunhat and sunscreen; weather appropriate clothing. All the summer concerts are at outside venues!
As well as the Summer Concert Series Main Sponsor New World, we would also like to extend our thanks to McKendric Event Hire who will provide the inflatables at Whites Bay and Pollard Park, and the Marlborough District Council, for their continued support of this event.