Summer in Marlborough wouldn’t be complete without the Havelock Mussel & Seafood Festival. The quintessentially Marlburian event has been “Servin’ up a whole ocean of fun” for twelve years, and 2016 promises more seafood, more stalls and more entertainment than ever before.
If you’ve experienced the event before be prepared for a new revamped fun filled family day out, and if you haven’t been to this iconic event before where on earth have you been?
Here are 9 great reasons that will make you want to be part of the Havelock Mussel & Seafood Festival.
- If you’re a local you’ll be helping your community. Since its inception the Havelock Mussel & Seafood Festival has donated nearly $200,000.00 to local community groups and associations.
- If you’re a visitor we’ll show you a great time. There’s something quite unique about Marlburian hospitality. There’s only one thing we love more than having a great time in a region that’s #brillianteverday, and that’s helping our visitors have an even better time!
- This year the Marlborough Greenshell Mussel™ has company. This wee fella has held the stage admirably for twelve years. This year he’ll remain the star of the show, but will be joined by a full line-up of local seafood ready to be showcased by celebrity chef Michael Van de Elzen and paired with simply stunning local wine and beer.
- The headline act is stellar! This year’s musical star attraction needs little introduction. Nevertheless, because we can… Ladies and gentlemen we’re pleased to present… Anika Moa! That’s world famous songstress, Anika Moa, who burst onto the New Zealand music scene with her double-platinum album ‘Thinking Room” and is currently on her “Queen at the Table Tour”.
- You can raise a glass! It’s no secret that you won’t go hungry at the Havelock Mussel & Seafood Festival, and this year food stalls will incorporate recommended beer and wine matches too… Cheers, bottoms up, santé, and all that jazz!
- You’ll learn a thing or two on the culinary front. The extended range of Marlborough produce and seafood on offer will feature in cooking demonstrations by your favourite celebrity chefs.
- It’s competition time. The extended range of Marlborough produce and seafood on offer will feature in cooking demonstrations by your favourite celebrity chefs including Michael Van de Elzen. Well known to television viewers for his popular and successful TVNZ shows, Kiwi Living and in previous years The Food Truck and Family Recipes.
- It’s bigger and better than ever before. The day itself will include more music and more wine, beer, food and craft stalls than previous years, with competitions and kid’s entertainment on tap.
- It costs less to attend than ever before. We know, we know… We’ve just told you there’s more of everything, and yet it costs less… It doesn’t seem possible, but it is! As part of the organising committee’s commitment to provide a high quality yet great value event, prices have been reduced for 2016. But wait, there’s more… kids under twelve will be admitted free, (with an accompanying adult).
Like the Havelock Mussel & Seafood Festival Facebook page for regular updates and announcements.