It’s time to start celebrating that most magical season of all in sunny Marlborough! Summer is here, Christmas is just around the corner and our wonderful region is about to become more brilliant than ever, it’s about to shine brighter than the star that tops your Christmas tree!
If you haven’t already got Saturday 5th December in your diary be sure to mark the date now, because we warm up with a huge dollop of festive fun at the Blenheim Santa Parade. Read more about that HERE.
Shortly after that, just as the children finish school, it’s time to get jingling and joyful at the…
Thursday 17th December – 4:30 pm until 8:00 pm
This year’s festival combines the Marlborough Artisan Market and Christmas Shopping Extravaganza!
Here are 7 things we know you’ll love about the Christmas Festival.
- It’s going to be snowing! To get you into the spirit of Christmas, we’re transporting you to a winter wonderland.
- Music for your ears… The St Marys School Choir and The Humming Birds will be performing throughout the evening… PLUS
- There’ll be roving entertainment, street performers and buskers plus FREE kids activities.
- You’ll have an excuse to eat Mince Pies – It’s the Brumby’s Mince Pie Eating Competition – Need we say more?
- The main man will be there… Catch up with Santa! Have you been good this year?
- You’ll be able to buy local at the Marlborough Artisan Market. Remember that when you buy from a small business, you’re supporting your neighbours. You’re helping a little girl get dancing lessons, a little boy get new sports shoes and you’re helping local Mums and Dads put food on their tables. That has to warm the cockles of your heart at Christmas! There’s something for everybody… Local organic face creams for Mum, precious pottery for Nana, cheese and chutney for Dad. Jewellery, crafts and so much more.
- The main street shops will be open late too! Get your Christmas shopping done and dusted. Give yourself seven days to relax in the lead up to Christmas, safe in the knowledge that you’ve given Santa’s elves a run for their money.
Don’t miss out as Blenheim twinkles with Christmas entertainment, we’ll see you there!