New Zealand sees the dawn of a New Year before anybody else in the world, we’re quite literally getting the party started!
Here are eight reasons that you’ll want to ring in the New Year in Marlborough!
- Marlborough is certainly #brillianteveryday, but it’s just about to #igniteatnight.
- Marlborough4Fun, Port Marlborough and Marlborough District Council are bringing you two major events this year, you can party down in Picton or board the boogie train in Blenheim.
- You’ll enjoy not one but three live music acts at the Picton Foreshore’s New Years Eve Party; Diamond Divas, A Minor Thing and One Step.
- There’ll be double delights at Blenheim’s New Year’s Party with musical entertainment from Rockova and Watt4.
- Both events are fun for all the family, they’re alcohol and smoke free, with kid’s activities and entertainment, Mr Whippy and Pop n Floss from 7.00 pm in Picton.
- You’ll get the opportunity to show the world how we party! It’s tourist season in sunny Marlborough, let’s show our wonderful visitors some good old fashioned top-of-the-south hospitality.
- You can support your local bars and eateries, then step outside into the party atmosphere. Or enjoy the fabulous food stalls in Picton!
- Enjoy the midnight magic as the fireworks light up your night! Both the Picton and the Blenheim New Year’s Eve parties will end with a magnificent firework display.
Ignite Blenheim starts at 8:00 pm at Liz Davidson Pl, Cnr Queen & Charles St.
Ignite Picton begins at 7:00 pm, head to the Picton foreshore for all the fun!
Stay up to date on Facebook – Follow Ignite Marlborough HERE.
Both events are brought to you by Marlborough4Fun, find us on Facebook HERE.