- This event has passed.
December 14, 2017 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The town will come alive with Christmas cheer with the spectacular Christmas Festival coming to the heart of Blenheim. On Thursday the 14th December from 5:00 p.m. come along and join the magical abundance of Christmas entertainment in the CBD which will be sure to impress!
Here’s our top 7 reasons why you should attend!
- Entertainment– The Big Kahuna, one of Blenheim’s top notch musical groups is set to hit the First National Real Estate Main Stage playing a great mix of hits from the classics like Ray Charles and Tina Turner, through to the Divas like Adele and Amy Winehouse. A cross section of music everyone can enjoy.
To add to the excitement Colossal Entertainment will be performing a circus extravaganza with aerial tricks that will leave you gobsmacked!
- Kids Entertainment – Blast Entertainment will be at the event with various inflatables for a variety of ages to enjoy and we also have fabulous face painting.
- Snow & ice skating – We’re hoping for a stunning Marlborough evening, but the magic of Christmas will be brought alive with snow machines as well as incorporating the fantastic ice rink being erected in Liz Davidson Square by Marlborough District Council so we all get to experience a white Christmas!
- Late night shopping – Some shops will be opening until at least 7pm so you can start your Christmas shopping and support local……… Help boost your community, the local coffers, and make the ethical choice!
- Dining– Both naughty and nice! Enjoy food and refreshments from one of Blenheim’s fabulous cafes or bars or some ice cream, hot dogs and chips from food vendors.
- Fireworks – A magical roof top fireworks display by New Zealand Fireworks will be let off with a bang at 9pm as the perfect ending to the festive evening.
- And of course Santa! The Marlborough Lines Sleigh will host the jolly man in the red suit and his helpers – Visit them in Market Square!
Visit our Facebook page or call us on 03 577 8935 for more information